Up the value chain...
Looks like I cant get out of the "jargon mode" that I had picked up during MBA....my favourite word lately..."value"....and today while cracking the last sale, I knew I had to write this down....my customer had already finalised on two of my products....but I wasn't happy...she WANTED 2....I WANTED to sell one more....and a lot of talking did so....
"Value" is a beautiful word...reminds me of Mastercard's ad...."a tour at Dysneyland...100 dollars...the smile on your children's face...priceless..." Moral of the story is...the best way to sell is to COMMUNICATE the VALUE of your product....when the customer tends to negotiate on the price...yes, talking is necessary...Most salesmen in established organizations, I have seen, concentrate more on "showing" skills...or presentation skills....which is absolutely necessary I agree....but something like this works better..."
"This design is priced higher because it is purely a labour based product and one piece requires 3 to 4 months for 3 weavers to weave it together....and sadly these weavers are quite deprived in our country....and then of course highlight on the quality aspects...." Giving your customer the knowledge of your product also inculcates a pride in her when she actually uses it....she KNOWS about the value of what she owns....

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home