Chakde India
I loved the movie....more than Shah Rukh Khan it was the women's hockey team that formed the spirit of the film....and it was indeed a superb marketing campaign to revive the popularity of the national sport....but in this post I do not intend to write a film review....actually the nomenclature reminded me of our encounter with REAL Chinese food in Singapore...first, we had a tough time trying to explain to the waitress what we wanted and am sure she had a tough time understanding too...after we thought we had crossed the first hurdle....we realised that quite a few Singaporean dollars were going down the drain when the plate appeared with some grotesque looking lumps...we filled our tummies with noodles and sauce....and yes, chopsticks are definitely interesting.....it's strange but true that I was not at all embarassed when the noodles kept sliding off my chopsticks while grim faces stared at me....I was also seriously considering the option of using my fingers...but discarded it when I saw another Indian family quite at home with chopsticks...it was quite an experience and we had decided that when we fly back on Singapore Airlines,we'd book "Hindu meals"...on our upward journey we had to gulp down baked salmon...'simply saying 'non-veg' to the air hostess could mean a disaster in South East bound flights....well, the counter argument could be 'hey you are Indian, so you love Indian food'....I don't refude that...it is as true as the fact that Europeans and Americans simply LOVE Indian food....and even Halloween parties serve chicken tikka masala and not to forget Americans and rasgullas! Wow! I think they are voracious when it comes to rasgullas!What about Chinese? 'Oh Calcutta' and 'Mainland China' (which actually cooks Indianised Chinese food) are flocked by Chinese people....so it's 'Chakde India" not only for me but for the rest of the world....

1 Comments:
You could have used your fingers ... but , I enjoy noodles are best enjoyed by using forks !
Shyamal uncle.
Post a Comment
<< Home