Monday, October 09, 2006

Catching up



Looks like I am out of the "writing" mode...but loads to share...The bullets go like this:
  • Kotak Securities
  • Home coming
  • Travel

"Did u rush a bit?", asked Iyer sir as I stood in front of him in the faculty chamber. Prof. Iyer, freshly back from USA had just successfully launched a "khatarnaak" course in sem 4: Financial Econometrics which I consciously avoided selecting as an elective. I somehow always had the hunch that Iyer sir wanted me to join research and no matter how sloppy my marks in Finance subjects were, I was somehow the "chosen one"! Investment Advisor? Kotak Securities? My mentor forced a smile on his face and wished me luck. But I was happy. It was a good start for me. The placement party was a disaster. 8 gulabjamuns were shoved into me ruthlessly (In the pic I am actually holding up the bowl that was full of those gulabjamuns). The food bill was worse. But it felt nice to be one of the early birds, to be congratulated, patted and to be free. But I knew what was coming...

Sem3 preparations started exactly the day BEFORE the exams started...and the best part is...there was no guilt...my mom calls it "shamelessness"...I prefer to call it "professional hazzard."

"Esheche shorot heem er porosh, legeche haoar pore..."

I was happy...I was going home with a free mind...Durga Puja...Kolkata...home...family...good food...and a vacation to Simla...

"Ami gai..ghore ferar gaan..utola kano e praan..shudhu je daake...phire amake..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home