Hogwarts vs. ICFAI
What is common to all flights today? The answer is...you will find at least one passenger reading one of the following books: "The World is flat", "Da Vinci Code" and "Harry Potter". I'll pick the last one. For me, Enid Blyton and childhood are synonymous....and I believe that it is almost impossible to replace the magic and awe of childhood readings by any bestseller, no matter how popular and how creative....BUT the Potter series DID succeed in "recreating"( not "replace", mind you) the magic and awe of childhood in me......In school I used to hide a Malory Towers inside the General Science book and keep reading night out.....In B school I read Harry Potter e-books night out...In school, we used to emulate St.Clair's characters... Riya was Alicia, Shalini was Doris, Corina was Gladys, Bidisha was Ms. Jenks, I was Mirabelle and Satya was "poor catty Elsie"....we had gone to the extent of having midnight feasts too ( we were seriously miserable as the menu could not be matched with the one in the books...Satya had even attempted to hunt for "gingerbeer"). At ICFAI, Sheetal is Harry Potter, Puneet is Ron Weasley and I am Hermione Granger ( the creative attribution is by my sister...the rationale is not very strong, but I think I like it sis). Well, ICFAI is not exactly Hogwarts (in fact quite far from it) but , to an extent it is "magical". "Technically" we are "muggles"....though you would find some crazy wizards in the form of CAs and CFAs...And "Section C" is the house of Gryfindor! Thankfully you do not find many "slitherins"...(Hey, by the way, let me tell you that this is by no means an attempt to copy Shashi Tharoor's juxtaposition of Mahabharata on the Indian freedom movement in his "The Great Indian Novel".)....We do have our own "alohomora" to open forbidden doors and "Wingardium leviosa" to "float" rumours ( not feathers) and my reader's question is an obvious "How?". Well, this is a place of loopholes and in a way, it teaches you to survive, fight, learn, share and care...ICFAIans have a great "7th sense"....that's a stronger version of "6th sense"....and that enables one to hunt for the philosopher's stone....few find it....fewer realise the importance of it. WHAT???No Quidditich?? Cricket is the heart of ICFAI...and so is gossip...we are high fliers at both and strangely enough, the Gryfindors win most of the time...! That's how life is over here....magical, fun and adventurous...Three cheers to our Hogwarts...three cheers to ICFAI!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home