Raindrops on roses
The Bangalore dispute had gone out of hand.....my best guy was poached.....how to retain the rest?....stagnant sales.....and to top it all, the doc's grim look and the long list of tests I had to undergo.....my low bp was bothering me.......what the hell?? I thought I had enough to get tensed about and here I was with "hypotension" syndromes....
I woke up with a headache....I knew I had a bad day ahead....everything seemed grey....it was 6 am....everyone was asleep....I walked to the balcony...the potted plants needed attention....a creeper was overgrown and quite unmanagable....it looked helpless and untidy....I carefully picked up a long fragile leafy green branch.....and felt it....it was soft and lush....so was each branch....each one had its own value....they only needed to be organised a bit and put back into place...."Beauty in an organization is in collectivity,in team spirit and not in individuality...your best guy has left you...in that case he is not your best guy...See to it that all your guys are happy with each other...happy to work together..."...I tied one leafy branch to the pole that was planted in the middle of the pot.....and then another....I plucked off the yellow leaves....it looked much better...."The best way to avoid dead stock is to track the movement on a weekly basis....take a physical count of your stock every week and match it up with your system....identify the items that don't move....why aren't they moving? Are they not being pushed enough? Are they priced wrongly? Or are they simply out of fashion? Take a decision accordingly....and REMEMBER the lesson you have learnt..." I dug the mud in the pot for more aeration....and watered it....watered every leaf carefully...."every person in your organization is important."..... It was picture perfect.....I looked at it with satisfaction....The sun was up....the fresh green leaves of my creeper were glistening with water droplets on top of them and looking up at the sun....and a light morning breeze was gently caressing them.....I took a deep breath...and smiled....I was looking forward to the day.....
Raindrops on roses
Whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles
And warm woollen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favourite things...
When the dogs bite
When the bees sting
When I am feeling sad
I simply remember my favourite things
And then I dont feel so bad....

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home