Wednesday, February 13, 2008

To Sir, with love

Dear Sir,


Thank you for everything. I remember reading about Adam Smith's invisible hand...I saw it yesterday...
To address your question on if I am making money, I was wondering the same...And in turn wondered, what does it take to feel rich? Leaving aside philosophy, let me talk in terms of facts. Numbers look better now....Sales have picked up and the best part is, I have doubled my stock in 3 months....I admit I have been a bit aggressive on this front, the risk seemed worth taking and am managing to meet my benchmarks...more or less....except on those days when people simply refuse to spend...well I can handle that...as long as the show goes on...
But am loosing money in the stock market....I had picked up only bluechips....and yesterday in a conversation with a veteran investor , he said..."there is nothing called bluechip...A bluechip is a company that gives you a basic level of return CONSISTENTLY....I dont care if Infosys has the best corporate governance in the country....nor do I care if it is a debt free company...but I do care about the fact that the scrip has been languishing below the 1600 mark for months....it had shamlessly touched the 1300 mark too few days ago....YES, it is an undervalued stock....so why buy it at all...?" My perception about markets has changed. Sir, neither do I have the heart to gamble...I BELIEVED in what I bought...
But I am happy with the overall picture of my finances....it may not be multiplying ambitiously...but I am hopeful...

My meeting with the funding guys went well....I will be presenting my detailed plan to them next week...I am simply hanging on to what you had told me..."There is no dearth of financers for a good idea..."

Venkat was in town...he misses you a lot...he will be in Bangalore next week to meet you...Please accept the "sandesh" that I have packed for you...
Pranaam
&
Regards
Poulami Bhattacharya


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home