Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Girls are dumb

I have remained quite a feminist in school and college days...and have simply been in love with the age old debate "girls vs boys"....and trust me I was good at it !....I was from an all girls' school...(I have decided not to send my daughter to one of them)....then in college, the boy-girl ratio rose...you would find more girls in Arts stream, few in social sciences and next to nil in pure sciences..."So what? Girls are smarter and must have joined engineering colleges...", I told myself...but sadly the ratio is even sadder in engineering colleges ....and then B school... I admit I simply enjoyed the attention I got there owing to such a poor ratio...
"Women of geniuses are rare".....and I snapped the book shut...It was Madame Curie talking...a woman...a genius....and I recalled my experiences with my girl room mates...I really used to find them dumb...could never hold an intelligent conversation for long....well, I dont reject the possibilty of me being impatient with certain kinds of conversations....but I have enjoyed talking more with guys.....and then the TT room...I would probably be the only girl out there playing( though quite sloppy)....no denying but it's true...I have never had good girl company....I am still quite unwilling to generalise my statement...was I with the wrong company or Madame Curie is right?....and then I recall the case study I read....that had a remarkable observation...70% of IIMA women pass outs stop working after 2 years....
I have always believed that IQ is a function of EQ....and the irony is...women are considered more emotional than men! Now I am getting confused....let's take it step by step...
What does a high EQ mean?....more sensitivity...the ability to love someone easily....caring...etc...
So, ideally women are considered more sensitive....let me make a statement here with the fear of a strong repurcussion from my female readers....I dont think shedding easy tears is an act of sensitivity or being emotional...it is the outcome of not having an easy solution at hand....and to hit the bulls eye....I think 'so called emotional women' are 'conditionally emotional' or 'emotional by words and not action...' A guy will easily give up his own bed for a friend...a girl will cling on to her possessions...a guy hardly remembers the amount of money he has spent on a friend...a girl will make sure to balance it out!....so who has a higher EQ?
I still dont want to believe what I wrote...let me see if I can reverse this write up...dont bark at me ladies till then!

3 Comments:

Blogger Blind Vision said...

Dumbness is not the sole ownership of the girl species, so don´t be happy! It so happens that girls are smarter...guys work, girls make them work.... guys get emotional..well girls make them emotional....guys don't remember how much they spent on friends..coz they know if it comes to know that he can always ask a girl....For all the reasons above, I am a bit biased to go against the girls being dumb theory.

Now coming to Emotional Quotient, it can be argued that girls are indeed more emotional and not so conditionally because they realize that its a difficult situation...they are sensitive to situations...and crying is just one of the manifestation of that realization...they sense the need for togetherness more than the guys...and all the shouting and cribbing when they don´t get the attention is just another manifestation of the EQ.... ITs not for nothing the girls are referred to as the better half by their partners.

Cheers
Deepanjan

8:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Women of geniuses are rare- this was said by madam curie's husband before he had met madam curie. It was not madam curie's statement.

& about gilrs being dumb, I totally agree that thinking women & intelligent women need to give that extra efforts to prove to the world that they are jsut not objects of male desire or dumb & beauitful creatures.

Also I feel that somehow down the lane,women have mentally groomed themselves in that soft & sweet role thinking that the intellectual thinking activity is not their job.

I personally feel that intellect is the inheritance of human being: irrespective of man or woman....& its upto us as to how we use it.

If u remeber , pou, I had once mailed a lot of people on my feedback on madam curies book & had also mentioned the reference of Bhagvat Gita where Lord Krishna lists down a set of characteristics in which he resides & intellect & prosperity was one of them.

I can go on & on.....if u give me permission, i will blog it your blog itself...it will be a complete topic in itself.

Take care- Aru....

& definitely thanxx for asking me to comment on this issue :)

5:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also think that Gals are by far the Smarter of the Sexes and that is why they are the ultimate winners in the "Battle of the Sexes." That is because Men tend to act first and think later, but Women think first and act later. Most men are impulsive, women are more thougtful and think through the problem. This is due to evolution, when Hunters(men) were supposed to act fast in danger and had no luxury of thought, but the women who were supposed to care for the young had to be extra careful. So I guess Evolution ensured that Women will always outlive Men because of even things like physiology(Consult any biology book on how Estrogen protects women from all the diseases which Testosterone aggravates in Men.) So actually it is in the genes that Women will win and finally we will have an Amazonian Society.

9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home